I looked out my bedroom window and noticed the BIG moon and instantly had to check the moon phase. Luckily it is not officially full yet till Saturday, the 16th. That's a good thing because Julia isn't back in town till tomorrow. And since I don't know when her flight gets into town, the official due date of this little boy can't be till the 16th... yes, I am obsessing over this stuff. Officially nutty.
So babe can't come yet. Tomorrow Rebecca comes over and I get my belly henna tattoo done. I am so excited that it will be adorned and want it to be this grand focal point for me. Plus, it will distract from the new stretch marks that appeared this week.
And on Saturday, my midwife Julia comes for a home visit on Saturday afternoon. We still have a few home repairs and household cleaning to do. I've given Greg the goal of getting it all done by Saturday morning. So we need to clean, we need to repair the carpet on the stairs (purchased today), closet doors in Zachary's room need to be installed. At least we've finally managed to rearrange the bedrooms, getting Zachary's new bed and reassembling his toddler bed into a crib in the former guest room/office. The previous bedroom is now a playroom. The poor babes crib is currently full of stuff and the side rail doesn't properly work yet, but we have a cosleeper ready to set up. I finally washed the baby's clothing and we put together a changing table and put things into the bins under it. I bought a new mattress pad for the bed. We have the birth kit and the extra items that Julia requests stored in the closet. We even aired up the birth pool in the playroom this week. I've resisted filling it full of water, but reserve the right to do so. We even bought wooden letters and Zachary and I put the babes name on the wall. Totally his suggestion, so I guess now we have to stick with the name (but I also reserve the right to change that if need be.)
Off to tidy up, watch some Olympics, do some dishes and rest....
So babe has to stay put for at least 36 more hours. Then we can talk.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment