Saturday, June 10, 2006

Little Bird Painting

I totally forgot to write about Zachary's birthday gift. Actually, it is more like my gift from my mom for Zachary. I have been looking for artwork for Zachary's room for a long time and have debated what to do. Well a few months ago while I was at Cafe Caffeine trudging along on my thesis when I decided to slipped over to the Moxie to do a little window shopping. There I saw a few wonderful paintings that I adored. The incredible local artist is Shannon Lowry and she makes these incredible "cakes" that are exactly what I've been wanting. I forwarded her website to my mom just to share and never meant anything by it except wanting to show it to her.

At Zachary's birthday party, Mom keeps telling me to be careful with one certain gift and then she finally come over and says I should open this gift immediately. The gift bag has a huge box in it Inside the box filled with Austin newspapers is a small package wrapped in waxpaper. I start to open it and she's gotten me, and immediately get teary eyed and say "look, my little bird." Then I notice that the bird is saying "Zachary" which is when I lost it and began to cry.

I love the painting. It is hanging in Zachary's room above his bookshelf where I can see it from the rocking chair as I put my dear little son to sleep or read him books or just rock.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: