Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Things that make me giddy

I have said it before, but I'll say it again. Clean laundry taken down from the clothesline, crisp and white from the sun and fresh air, make me happy. I don't have a clothesline at the moment, but outdoor chairs and fence sufficed. My napkins are sun bleached white again and crisp. Diapers are currently staged in the yard for maximum sun and replacment clotheslines have been googled and oogled from the kitchen table while watching the laundry out the window.

Other happiness inspirations. Caleb grins. So. so.sweet. And the sweet words that flow from Zachary when his cup is filled, emotionally and physically and the "I love you's" flow freely. I adore the "have you met my brother, Caleb?" and him introducing and reintroducing him to everyone and him eating swiss chard from the plant (however never from his plate).

And my personal grins that make me smile and giggle. Like Joyce introducing me to her neighbor as "this is Kate. She's studying to be a midwife" paired with Greg telling me his coworkers response to my newest career calling, "Oh, that'll be great because she'll be a midwife about the same time we're thinking of having our next kid!"... Now I'm not an official student yet, but serious giddiness. I am amazed how excited I am and I hope that it keeps up as I move forward.....

But for now, back to that laundry in the sun.

No comments: