Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Whew

It's officially gotten hard around here. Some things are getting easier, like nursing and engorgement. Fun stuff. Caleb decided last night that he'd sleep between 12 am and 3 am, so that was a nice change. Zachary went to preschool this morning and is getting over the worst of his cold and Greg and I got a chance to sit down, talk in the quiet of the house, stare at Caleb and then clean up and do some laundry.

But, then comes this afternoon. Greg comes home, he's officially slammed with a cold now, Zachary doesn't nap, Caleb is awake and super non stop nurser and a bonafide super-duper-pooper machine and now it's almost 5, Greg's sleeping, Zachary is watching a video and I'm exhausted and no plans for dinner while Caleb is awake, will only not break down if I'm carrying him and I'm trying to decide what the hell to make for dinner that only requires a few minutes and no extra money spent before payday. Yikes, I'm almost breaking down and calling the relatives, all of which can't come up with us sick anyways because they are either sick themselves or immuno-suppressed..

Calgon, take me away.....Or at least make me dinner.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

All it takes is one phone call and the super honeymama's will be on there way with dinner for a month!

And by the way, don't feel so isolated I felt the exact same sensation of overwhelmingness after Matthew was born. Five days later was Devon's 4th birthday party. Eek! I don't know how I did it.