Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What makes me happy

Here are the things that made me happy today:

1. Baby boy #2 decided that turning head down was a good idea. He's been transverse for the past month and a half, and as my midwife reassured me again today, transverse is a good position and she wouldn't worry about it, however she did sympathize with me that it's damn uncomfortable. But when she palpated my bulging belly, we found his little head down low and his booty up high. Guess our train ride to Fort Worth jiggled him into place. Or he was tired of his big brother trying to sit on his head when I carried Zachary between places.

2. Repeated and prolonged exposure to sunlight will bleach anything back to white. Seriously, why buy bleach. Just hang your white cloth napkins on your clothesline and leave for 3 days and when you come home, they'll no longer be pink from red socks in the laundry or stained from spaghetti sauce or chocolate ice cream. They'll be crisp and white and will smell good too.

3. Zachary has learned to poop in the toilet. He's been doing it consistently for 2 weeks and it is the nicest thing in the whole. wide. world. You seriously don't know how happy it will make you until you potty train a kid.

4. Zachary-isms crack me up. Little guy is coming up with funny stuff all the time and I forget half of it by the time I sit down, but tonights I remembered.

Walking through Central Market today on Greg's shoulders after dinner, he announced that "Central Market has dog poop ice cream" as we walked by the gelato display. I can't deny that the ice cream looks a bit like dog poop. He's right.

Second funny. In the new car on our way home, he asked again where the "old, clean green car was". I replied that "Daddy sold it and we bought a new car". His reply "Daddy sold it for junk." Well, yes, he did and he got a darn good trade in value, but where did the kid come up with that. He kept repeating it and cracking us up every single time.

No comments: