Thursday, March 06, 2008

Creating the family vision

Greg said it today as we walked back to the car after lunch "This is what I have always visioned my family being."

This was in response to me tapping him on the shoulder to look back at our son. Zachary was slowly sauntering along the streetscape, his rain jacket bundled around him, hood on and his arm stretched out and his fingers brushing along each of the black metal rails of the fence next to the restaurant patio. He was walking his own path to his own time but in step with us as we casually walked from lunch at Jo's around the block to our car on a drizzly grey afternoon. These are the slow moments that we've envisioned our family being about. These types of moments are what I cherish the most about my best friend and husband Greg and seeing our small son enjoying the same peaceful moments as we slowly made our way around the block made the moment something I'll cherish forever.

I am happy I tapped Greg on the arm and told him to look back. Taking that moment to point it out has created a memory forever.

No comments: