Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Conversations


Conversations with Zachary these days are hilarious, entertaining and absolutely delightful. He is playing pretend, makes up situations, creates words and phrases all his own and also knows how to ham things up for a laugh.

Take yesterday. Greg and him are outside painting a little wooden biplane he got as a party favor. They are painting the wheels. Zachary calls the different wheels "milk" and "other side". That's what he calls, well, me or more precisely, my breasts. Milk and other side. And he's very particular about which is which. You can also ask him on himself and he'll consistently answer the same way (yes and for those of you who didn't know that we are still nursing at 28 months, get your jaws off the floor! It's not the end of the world!).

What else? Well, milkstache has morphed now into whatever he is drinking or eating + stache. "Mommy, I have a waterstache. I have a yogurtstache" Funny stuff. More. Roosters say "toot a tottle tooo". Last week we were playing playdough, his all time favorite activity right now and we made a few brown dogs with this press thing. I'm off in the side yard pulling weeds and he is squishing each of the brown dogs into butterflies and saying "Brown dog brown dog, what do you see? I see a brown butterfly looking at me"... he loves that book and we play "what do you see" all the time.

Oh, towels and tents and forts. The kid could live under a towel. He loves hiding. He loves being found. He yells "Found You" when you find him. He hides under the towel at the end of bath every night. He hides under the blankets on my bed. He rips off the throws from the couch and makes a fort between the chairs and hides there. He races across the room when I am folding sheets to hide under them.

Others: Eieio pants. That's what he calls any pants that are overalls or plaid/striped. Anything that looks like it could be Biscuit and Beauford from the Biscuit Brother pants. He loves them.

More later. I should go sleep. It's just that I'm constantly thinking about wonderful things to write down that Zachary does and I'm always super busy chasing him, playing, painting, chasing him some more, reading books, dealing with sleep, trying to make him sit and eat just a bite that I never get a good solid chance to sit down and write those fleeting but thrilling thoughts. That's the life of a parent.

No comments: