This afternoon in the garden, after Greg got home and just before we had a lovely dinner together, Zachary came into the backyard to help me in the garden. He came over and pointed to the purple green beans and said, "umm umm" which translates to "tell me tell me". I told him that was the green bean that we planted, that the flower had turned into the bean and the bean had gotten big enough to eat. He replied with an "eat eat" and we picked it and he put it into his mouth and bit it, the bean snapped with freshness and my dear son lit up with delight. He ate it up and asked for more. I beamed with pride as my son gobbled up the green beans that we had planted together, watered together and tended to over the past month.
I'm amazed at how easily we can influence and impact these little people. I knew the power that parents had, but I had no real idea how influential we could be. My son is turning into a more educated and curious naturalist than I will ever be. I am so excited, so proud. I'm delighted to say the least. Plus, he likes green beans
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment